Nurse Aide Traniee
The primary purpose of your job position as a staff member is to acquire the knowledge, skills and certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant by participating in the facilities planned education program consisting of classroom instructions, clinical practice, and on the job supervised training. You will perform certain services for which you have been trained and found to be competent during the training period.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred
Licensure: Upon completion of class, will obtain C.N.A licenses and maintain required certification with required continuing education.
Work Experience: None
Free from illegal use of drugs, and free from the use and effects of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of abusing, neglecting or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in this position.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstance warrant such action
• Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies and general public.
• Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
• Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
• Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
• Must be able to relate information concerning resident’s conditions.
• Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
• Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively.
Promote facility mission, vision, and values through daily work assignments; communications with co-workers, patients and families; practice accountability in work product; and advocate for higher quality of care.
Must possess a team-oriented attitude and adhere to a continued willingness to implement new systems of operation when changes are required to promote patient and facility health, safety, and satisfaction.
Will engage every customer encounter with a high degree of service excellence focusing on creating a welcoming environment, anticipating customer needs and providing excellent communication at all levels of the encounter to help the customer feel at ease, informed and confident in the care received.
Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously. Must be able to prioritize projects and handle change productively when assigned additional tasks/projects.
Conduct self in a professional, courteous manner with co-workers, staff and the public in order to maintain a cooperative relationship among the healthcare teams. Must adhere to a philosophy and culture of teamwork and cooperation at all times.
Must be able to remain supportive, calm and professional when working with the ill, disabled, elderly, and emotionally upset.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Works throughout the nursing area with direct supervision from clinical instructor and adjust techniques as required.
Remain attentive during classroom education and complete assignments as required.
Must attend all educational sessions. Failure to be present for required instruction, may result in immediate termination.
Will be assigned residents to care and nursing tasks to complete during training.
Willing to travel for additional instruction with simulation equipment.
Will practice documentation techniques within the electronic medical record.
Will maintain patient confidentiality by adhere to HIPAA regulations.
Will comply with all federal, state, and local regulations, laws and rules and facilities procedures and policies.
Must attend a mock skills test prior to Prometric Testing
Able to carry out the essential functions of this job (with or without reasonable accommodation) without posing specific, current risk of substantial harm to health and safety of self and others.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks, responsibilities and/or schedules may change as documented and outlined by the incumbent’s immediate manager.
PHYSICAL, PSYCHOLOGICAL AND ERGONOMIC REQUIREMENTS:
• Essential functions are carried out in a variety of positions including standing, stooping, bending, squatting, lifting and/or sitting. Virtually all positions require the ability to move freely through the building.
• May have long periods of time standing and/or sitting.
• Lift, carry, turn, and manipulate items with a weight of 50 lbs. or more.
• Exposure to infectious material.
• Exposure to the stresses associated with an intimate, 24-hour care environment that delivers care and services to the disabled, cognitively impaired, and acutely ill and injured.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
South Big Horn County Hospital District
388 South US Highway 20
Basin, WY 82410